Healthy Breakfast Sweet Potato Hash. Love sweet potato hash add some vegetables with fried eggs, for a healthy vegetarian breakfast.
Healthy Breakfast Sweet Potato Hash.
Some ingredients to have with this super easy dish are the amazing sweeet potato’s. healthier you couldn’t get. Add to a skillet pan, and your chopped onion and red and green peppers. With the chickpeas.
Eventually adding some fresh spinach when the other ingredients are soft. Cook until soft as well.
Take off the stove and make some indents in the potato and veg dish for the eggs.
Break open the fresh farm eggs into the indents and fry until done.
Once the eggs are cooked plate up immediately as a warm filling breakfast is what is needed.
A wonderful fresh vegetarian sweet potato hash breakfast with eggs.
A Recipe is provided below.
Healthy Breakfast Sweet Potato Hash
1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into small pieces
2 tbsp. olive oil
15 oz chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp thyme, dried
5 oz spinach
1 tsp of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Place the sweet potato in a single layer on a plate, sprinkle with water, and microwave for 2-3 minutes, until soft
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat
- Add the sweet potato in a single layer and cook for 3-4 minutes without stirring
- Stir in the onion, peppers, paprika, and thyme
- Cook for about 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften
- Slowly add the spinach, stirring until it wilts between batches
- Remove from the heat and make an indent in 6 places
- Crack the eggs into the indents
- Place the entire pan in the oven and bake until the eggs are done to your preference:
◦5-7 minutes = runny yolk
◦7-10 minutes = semi-firm yolk
◦10-15 minutes = hard yolk
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to season and serve immediately.
Some online purchases for your convenience.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we earn from qualifying purchases.