Mini Pink Meringue Kisses. Pastel colored meringues made with organic dried strawberry or raspberries are a great gift for any occasion.
Mini Pink Meringue Kisses
With special occasions coming up all through the year, one can make these easy Mini Pink Meringue Kisses. Made with organic coloring like freeze dried strawberries, or raspberries powders. Suppose some other pastel color to make these meringues could be made from freeze dried powder of blueberries. Any other fruits you can think of or have available for the time of season and have freeze dried.
What is the secret to meringue?
Adding 1/8 of a teaspoon of cream of tartar for every egg white before beating, for the strongest and most stable meringue. As it is an acid that stabilizers the egg white. Alternatively you can use lemon juice if you do not have cream of tartar. Use 1/2 teaspoon for every egg white before beating. That the secret ingredient.
What should you not make with meringue?
The most common mistakes to avoid when making a meringue.
- Adding sugar to quickly.
- skipping cream of tartar.
- Mixing in a dirty bowl.
- Using cold eggs.
- Overbeating the egg whites.
- Squeezing the air out.
- Baking at to low a temperature.
Eggs and cream of tartar and castor or refined sugar with other ingredients according to the recipe attached. (please see the recipe)
Whip the egg whites (that were at room temperature) until fluffy and stiff before adding the sugar and powdered mixture. The sugar gets added slowly, one tablespoon at a time, until all is fluffy and stiff and forms peaks.
Filling a piping bag with the whipped egg whites, for the making of your meringue. Make round meringues or if you are more talented some rose like meringues.
These are wonderful gifts for a special person, all wrapped in a pretty paper or given in some usable jars.
Mini pink meringue kisses, below.
Pretty mini pink meringues are just my favorite for family gathering.
Kids love them and they are not made with food coloring and will not be unhealthy for your children.
What a wonderful way to color eats. Natural flavoring and very easy to make.
Serve some of these pink meringues with tea with your guests and display them attractively.
Recipe ideas to create for Valentines —-> 14 Easy Valentine Appetizer Recipes
Get these recipe ideas —–> 16 Easy Valentines Snacks Recipes and Get these recipe ideas to create for valentines —-> Easy Valentines Treats to Choose.
and these —–> Best Mini Pavlova and Meringues Recipes with these ideas —–> Mini Fine Dinning Desserts.
More recipe ideas —–> Mini Lemon Curd Filled Meringues and —–> Mini Creamy Chocolate and Hazel Nut PavlovaPrint
Mini Pink Meringue Kisses
Mini Pink Meringue Kisses. Pastel colors made with organic dried strawberry or raspberries. Pink mini meringues for a valentine or special day.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 75 min
- Yield: 3 dozen
- Category: Desserts
- Method: oven baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 Large eggs (egg whites only at room temperature)
- 1/8 Cup of freeze dried strawberries or raspberries.
- 3/8 Cup of castor sugar (granulated white sugar)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar (to keep the meringue in shape)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 225 Deg. F (117 Deg.C)
- Line two baking sheets with non stick paper.
- The only time you will use eggs out of the fridge is when you need to separate them from the whites. Then leave the egg whites to get to room temperature. Before whisking them. (they are easier to separate this way)
- Take your freeze dried strawberries ( or Raspberries) and place in a blender until they are a fine powder. then measure and add to your sugar and set aside.
- Obtain your clean and dry mixer bowl, and add your room temperature egg whites and cream of tartar and salt. Blend the egg whites on medium until the mixture becomes frothy then place the mixer on high and blend until it becomes firm, and doubles its size.
- Add one tablespoon at a time to this mixture while still blending at a high speed until smooth. (adding the sugar slowly will not allow the whisked egg whites to become soft) Continue whisking until soft peaks form.
- Add the vanilla and beat until combined.
- Transfer the meringue mixture to a piping bag with a star point.
- Pipe the meringue mixture onto the greased wax paper on the baking trays.
- Holding the bag upright pipe a tight swirl starting in the middle then outward and around.
- Pull the piping bag away on top to create a little spike.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- Do not open the oven door when baking. Once they have finished baking leave the oven door closed and switch of the stove. Allow the meringues to stay in the closed oven for up to an Hour. Before moving from the baking sheet pan.
- After baking decorate the meringues as you please or leave as is and serve on some decorated plate.
Very important to add sugar slowly to not allow the meringue to deflate while whisking.
Also when baking not to open the oven, this applies once its baked as well and leave in the oven for up to an hour once done.
Keywords: meringues mini meringue mini pink meringues for valentine
More Oven Baking Recipes to choose from.
Download and print these FREE Printables for help in your kitchen.
Leave a Reply