Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies recipe. A healthy biscuit that’s crispy on the outside and soft and chocolaty on the inside with a buttery taste.
1. 3 cups of rolled oats or(2 cups of instant oats and 1 cup or rolled oats)If you only have rolled oats then blend some for the instant oats amount.
2. 1. 2/3 cup of flour
3. 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
4. 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
5. 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
6. 200 g of unsalted butter at room temperature
7. 1/3 cup (115g )of granulated white sugar or castor sugar
8. 1 cup (220g)of brown sugar
9. 1 teaspoons of vanilla extract
10. 2 large egg
11. 1 cup of small chocolate chips.
1. In a bowl add the flour baking soda and salt and cinnamon. Whisk until they all combined and set aside.
2. In another bowl add the butter and both brown and granulated sugar and beat or blend until light and fluffy, until the sugar has dissolved. Then on a lower speed add the eggs one at a time and vanilla and beat for another minute.
3. Then add the flour mix and mix well, Adding the oats and combining it.
4. Stir in with a wooden spoon the chocolate chips. Leave to chill in fridge for at least an hour. (this dough can be made before hand and kept overnight) Chilling the dough is optional but this stage helps the cookie spread out less.
5. Preheat the oven to 170 deg. C (340 deg, F)
6. On greased and lined baking sheets add the scooped out dough of an ice cream scoop size or two tablespoons full of cookie dough on the paper. Leaving each cookie at least 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for at least 15 – 20 minutes until a little golden on edges but that will leave the middle soft.
Take out the baking sheet of cookies and place it on the cooler rack, leave for a few minutes before taking them off. Once they ok, then place the cookies on the cooler rack to cool.
Adding raisins or nuts is optional instead of chocolate chips.
Leaving the dough to chill will help the butter harden and then the cookies or biscuits do not spread out to much.
Mix or fluff up the flour for your measurements before measuring them as the correct amount will benefit the cookies dough better and then they will not be dry.
Keywords: Chocolate chip oat cookies, biscuits, buttery. healthy
Find it online: https://www.fillmyrecipebook.com/chocolate-chip-oat-cookies/