Tasty One Pot Beef Stew recipe for meals. Stove top stew that will last for 3 days. Veggies and potato with mushroom soup slowly cooked.
Depending on the size of this stew needed.( make more or less)
1. 1 kg of Beef strips.
2. 250 g of bacon chopped.
3. 1 large onion chopped
4. 2 garlic cloves chopped
5. 2 tablespoons of olive oil
6. 1 teaspoon of salt and black pepper
7. 2 teaspoons of dried oregano herbs
8. 2 cups of small potato´s with skin on or not.
9. 2 cups of mixed veggies. (broccoli, peas, butternut,)
10. 2 tins of creamy mushroom soup
1.In a large pot, heat up the stove plate and add some olive oil to brown the meat first. Remove then do onions.
2. Sauté the onions and garlic for a few minutes until soft. Then add the bacon and the beef strips and brown them. Cook for about 10 – 15 min. Sprinkling on salt and pepper and oregano. Stirring a little, to make sure the meat is all equally brown.
3. Adding the washed potato and then the vegetables on top. The potato´s need to cook more as that is why you add them first. If needed add a little water, (1 cup). I used some frozen butternut which had enough liquid. Monitor the liquid as you need it for the gravy. Adding a little water if required to soften the potato and veggies. (not to much)
4. Simmer on low, the stew for at least an hour or hour and half. Until you test the potato and veggies are soft. Stirring carefully now and again to make sure all the ingredients is cooking equally.
5. Add the cream of mushroom soup and stir and warm and cook that up for about 15 minutes on low.
6. Switch the plate off and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
7. Serve in a bowl or on top of a slice of buttered bread or with rice.
Cooking the pot of stew slowly will tenderize the meat and develop a delicious flavor.
To give your hearty beef stew a lightness add some vinegar to it. It add subtle acidity that balances with the honey and soy sauce.
Feel free to add sweet potato noodles(glass noodles) or egg noodles to this dish, serve it alongside rice, or as-is.
Keywords: Tasty One Pot Beef Stew
Find it online: https://www.fillmyrecipebook.com/tasty-one-pot-beef-stew/